Kyoto University results of research
Experiment that uses healthy sandals [KENKOH] made by LITTLE EARTH
An Examination of Massage Sandal's Capability to Help Prevent and Ease Tiredness, and their Effects on the Human Body
Tiredness is a serious problem for people in our stressful modern society. Various alterative treatments and health products are gathering attention for relieving tiredness and associated indefinite complaints.However, there is little research on how such sandals affect tiredness both at the national and international level. In this research,we examine the health benefits of massage sandals, a simple health product anyone can use, to see its capability to help prevent and ease tiredness.
Experts from a Masters studies in 2006 at Kyoto Univ.Graduate School of Medicine
(Charts are partially modified)
Introduction of [Verification of the sole stimulus using "healthy sandal" on a feeling of fatigue Randomized self-contrast controlled study] research data
|Study group||84 women female university students engaged in laboratory research and working on their feet.|
|Intervention||Wearing massage sandals (KENKOH)for 4 hours from 2 p.m. to 6 p.m.|
|Control group||Wearing sandals of the same shape but with no nodules on the insole|
|Endpoint||Psychological tiredness, vital signs, circumference of lower limbs,etc.|
- 1. All participants in the study felt less tired after wearing KENKOH
- 2. There was less swelling of the lower limbs.
- 3. Wearing the sandals led to subjectiv impressions of feeling Warm and being in a better mood.
Development in the future
- 1. Long-term further follow-up
- 2. The few people is used for various periods, and the research design is polished.
- 3. Testee's attribute is made wide-ranging.